Scrappy String Corduroy Baby Quilt

Scrappy String Corduroy Baby Quilt
My Corduroy Baby Quilt

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Parker's Chevron Quilt


This is the layout for my son's quilt. He looked through my Pinterest "Quilt Inspiration" board and chose this quilt. He wanted the same blue background and solid fabrics used in the photo I had pinned. Sigh. I have collected fabrics for years and years....and have virtually no solids. What's a girl to do? Go fabric shopping! Most of the solids are Kona cottons. I moved right along with the cutting, but matching those points has been a chore.  If I followed Christa's instructions to the letter, I probably would not have this problem.  https://christaquilts.com/2013/10/15/cover-girl/   is the link to her post.


I am happy with this block and wish all my points matched as well as these do.


















The photo below shows two blocks sewn together. Most of the points in that photo do not match well. I am not concerned about every point matching perfectly, but I do want the finished quilt to look nice.

           

Maybe quilting and then some shrinkage from washing/drying the quilt will help obscure imperfectly matched points? What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,
    Since you commented on my blog, I came over to see what you were doing. I didn't used to have solids either, but now I have lots. I'm impressed that you got 17 comments on your first post! Most of the comments on my blog are spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your color sense is great, and nobody other than quilters know to look for those matching points anyway. This quilt will be very attractive and because of those solids won't be out of fashion in a decade or so. I really love that quilt on the top of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it looks great! and i really like your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very graphic in the solids. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece. Strong solids for a guy. Solids are great to work with, but I also like my CW printy bins too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody but a quilter will notice your minutely off points. They look good to me. The main thing that anyone will notice is the wonderful zig zag and colorful look!

    ReplyDelete